Terms & Privacy
Thank you for using ReapSo! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have regarding your information. Because we’re an Internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1) When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your e-mail address, year of birth, zip code, gender, screen name, profile photo, likes, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using ReapSo on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services – for example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account to ReapSo, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2) We get technical information when you use our products.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our products, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way:
Log Data. When you use ReapSo, our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our products (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you use it to access ReapSo. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to ReapSo, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used ReapSo.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using ReapSo on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect ReapSo and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content – including helping you discover rewards or content you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in certain content, we may suggest other content that is similar.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with opportunities to collect rewards and content that may be of interest to you. This may include suggesting a reward or collectible you may like during your interaction with the ReapSo gaming applet on your mobile device.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it may be used to specifically identify you as a unique person, such as an e-mail address) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you, such as a gender, zip code, or year of birth). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever ReapSo does business, including countries outside your own. We have no interest in determining who you are specifically, so unless you have won a prize that we need to ship to you, we will not ask for your name, address, or for other information that identifies exactly who you are – it’s just not necessary to deliver you great rewards and content that you love!
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a ReapSo account, many of the choices you have on ReapSo are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile via the ReapSo application on your mobile device at any time;
- Distribute your personal ReapSo QR Code (“ReapTag”) via e-mail or through another service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).
- Create collections of content that become available for other users to collect.
- Create contests or sweepstakes that become available for other users to enter.
- Create polls and trivia that become available for other users to vote and share.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your rewards, polls, trivia, contests, sweepstakes, and other digital content from ReapSo. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
In addition, you may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access ReapSo. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How is your information shared?
ReapSo is a tool you can use to get rewards and win prizes from brands, answer and share results to trivia and polls, and collect digital content on subjects of interest. You can rank the things you like (e.g., gold, silver, bronze, other, dog house). The ranking information is not available for others to see – unless you show someone. Your ranking information is used by ReapSo to deliver you content specific to your tastes. This is how ReapSo delivers different things to different people – everyone likes different things, so shouldn’t we all get what we want?
If you create your own collection of content, any ReapSo user may access your collection and the information you provide relating to that collection. If you create your own contest, sweepstakes, poll, or trivia question, any ReapSo user may access your content and the information you provide relating to that content. You may provide us with collection profile page information, merchant details, contest details, and other content that anyone can view. If you share personally identifiable information through this channel, others will be able to see it, so only include web sites, Twitter handles, Facebook pages, and other information that you don’t mind others accessing. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) when you’ve chosen to use those services to distribute poll results, trivia results, your ReapTag, or other content from ReapSo. For example, you can choose to publish your personal ReapTag to Facebook or Twitter.
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes, answer a trivia or poll question, or acquire or redeem a reward, your non-personally identifiable demographic information and your e-mail may be shared with the content sponsor or broadcaster (i.e., TV station, radio station, newspaper, blog, etc. that promotes the content).
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or ReapSo; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using ReapSo how many people have acquired or redeemed a reward, or the percentage of people who didn’t choose their reward when presented with other options.
We may also share your e-mail with a contest or sweepstakes promoter(s) and/or media channel(s) that run(s) the contest or sweepstakes, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes through the ReapSo application.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
ReapSo is not intended for use by children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ReapSo after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
Former Privacy Policies: